CARPENTERS VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 (CVAC)
***Applications for April benefit hours are now closed***
The Southwest Mountain States Regional Council of Carpenters (“SWMSRCC”) is encouraged to see the speed at which the COVID-19 vaccine is being rolled out across the jurisdiction of the SWMSRCC (Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah).
To ensure that Carpenters remain safe and essential members of our communities, we believe it is crucial that each member have time to get themselves vaccinated. We know this is important to our Contractor partners as well.
Effective April 15th, all states within our jurisdiction will be providing vaccinations to groups that should include all of our members. Additionally, many state legislatures have passed legislation requiring that employees be paid leave for attending an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine. We recognize that this law provides a benefit to our members, but also incurs unexpected costs on Contractors.
In order to do our part to support our members and our contractors, the SWMSRCC will be providing an additional $1 million in assistance to signatory contractors in order to help make these benefit payments for hours reportable for March and April of 2021. If you pay the Wage and Health and Welfare on a Union member that is given paid time off to attend their COVID-19 vaccination appointment(s), we will pay the rest of the benefits on that employee subject to the terms and conditions set in the Program Agreement.
Our hope is that this program will provide some relief and stability for contractors during the next two months while states moves forward with vaccine distribution.
To participate, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page and attach your CVAC request form. You will be asked to sign a participation agreement, which contains the program’s overview, descriptions, guidelines, and commitment process.
FAQs ABOUT CVAC
A Contractor seeking assistance from the SWMSRCC related to COVID-19 vaccination leave must submit an application by the 5th of the month following the month in which the benefit contributions were incurred (e.g. assistance with March benefit contributions should be applied for no later than April 5th).This coincides with your reporting month with the Carpenters’ Trust.
As a part of the application for the Carpenters Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Program you will be required to submit a request form as well as a Carpenters Vaccinated Against COVID-19 agreement, which you can view here.
Total Monthly Carpenter Hours
The total hours for all Carpenter employees working under a SWMSRCC agreement in Southern California during the current reporting month (this is not exclusive to employees that received COVID-19 related leave).
Full legal name of Employee
Employee’s UBC ID, found on member ID card. If you do not have an employee’s U-ID, please contact the Contracts Department at email@example.com.
Trust Agreement Code or Employee Classification
The Applicable Trust Reporting Form on which you are currently reporting this employee’s non-vaccination leave hours:
1) Please copy and paste the title of the Trust reporting form into this cell.
2) If you are not able to copy and paste the Trust reporting form title, please input the employee’s normal classification (Carpenter, Drywall, Millwright, etc.)
Period or Training Level
The employee’s Period or Training Level (Journeyman, Apprentice, Craft Assistant, etc.)
Total Hours of COVID Leave Granted (All Months)
The Total Hours of COVID Related Leave that you have granted to the employee for all months, not just the month you are seeking assistance for.
Total Hours of Assistance Sought (Current Month)
Hours you are seeking vaccination assistance for during the current reporting month. (This amount must be equal to or less than the amount in the previous column.)
Vaccination Card for Each Employee
The Employer will be required to collect proof of vaccination and provide it to the Council with their hours report.
- The SWMSRCC will cover 2 hours per appointment for a maximum of 4 hours of benefits per employee.
- The SWMSRCC will cover all benefits except for Health and Welfare at the rate that the employee would have otherwise received if not for their exclusion from work.
- The SWMSRCC will make payment in accordance with the assistance amount directly to the Trust on behalf of any employer that has complied with the Terms and Conditions of the program.
- In the event of fraud or labor abuse, of any type, the SWMSRCC reserves the right to seek reimbursement and retains all legal remedies.
- The SWMSRCC retains the right to extend or cancel the program at its sole discretion at any time.
- All contractors receiving relief must be fully signatory to the SWMSRCC in good standing (no Single Project Agreements, Subscriber’s Agreements, or any other short-term agreements).
- All contractors receiving relief must have a current status with the Trust.
- The SWMSRCC will only provide assistance on benefits paid to members in good standing with the Union.
- The Employer will be required to collect proof of vaccination and provide it to the Council with their hours report.
- Employers will be required to report their hours to the Trust by the 15th of the month during which relief will be granted or assistance will be withdrawn.
- Employers will be required to pay all benefit hours not covered by the assistance on or before the 25th of the month during which relief will be granted or assistance will be withdrawn.
- Download the request form
- Review the Carpenters Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Program Agreement
- Complete the form below
- E-sign the Carpenters Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Program Agreement